My Name Is Lizz And I've Got O.C.D


My name is Lizz & I've got O.C.D.


  • O.C.D or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or That Naughty Monster on my shoulder, whispering sweet worry into my ear.......
  • Depression or The Black Dog or In My Case That Smiley Faced Mask I put on each and every day!
  • 450 Million Adults Worldwide have a Mental Health Problem.(World Health Organisation 2001)


  • 1 in 4 Adults in the UK experience at least one diagnosable Mental Health problem in any one year.(The Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity report, 2001)

  • *************STOP************
  • *********HAMMERTIME!*********

(I know, I'm so funny!!)

But seriously, I am not a number, a label, anything. 

I am Lizz and I am one of many human beings on this beautiful planet who 'they' would like to put into their statistics.

I'm 34 years old, though feel 17!
I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder when I was 11 years old, somewhere along the line I was also given the label 'depressed' as well.
I'm a mum of two miracles, my beautiful son and daughter, they are my reason for fighting~ they are my reason to get up each day & between them, they have saved me from myself. 

I'm an Artist, I've always been an artist, I can remember when I was little I had about a million pencil cases filled with pens, pencils, rubbers, rulers crayons and more.
                       Art has always been my thing!
          (seriously my mum will tell you! I think it drove her  bat shit crazy!) 
Now I'm older I'm still addicted to
all stationary (who doesn't love the smell of a new fresh notebook, yet to be written in) but I've also gone from pencil cases~ to full on draws of art materials!! ooh and I love buying handbags! some girls love shoes (my best friend needs a whole house for her shoes!seriously!) I adore handbags, big ones, little ones, funky ones, posh ones, you name it I want it,nay, need it!

Any way I digress....What I'm trying to say is that none of us are just the sum of a label put on us by Psychiatrists and Doctors. We are people, bloody awesome people, With Hopes and Dreams and Goals! We want to live a fulfilled and happy life, just like the rest of 'em (I'm talking about the elusive 'normals' . Still haven't met one yet!) I want to live an amazing life, I want to make an impact, I want to rise far above the uncertainty that was my earlier years, and you know something? I AM! AND SO CAN YOU!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCD is not Adjective....

Easter Holiday.....Is it back to school time yet?!

A Wibbly Wobbly Week!